Going forward means taking risks, including leaving some of our old habits behind. Turn that fear into excitement and allow the feeling of the unknown to bring you to new heights.Read more
The definition of gratitude is the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful. Sometimes with our busy schedules and our lives of hustle and bustle we often find ourselves spending so much time reflecting on past lessons and future opportunities that we don’t take a moment to be grateful for the present. But maybe thats the beauty of the season of fall. It gives us the time to slow down, unwind, and really appreciate the moments we have with family and friends.
Each moment I wake I’m so grateful for simply being alive, healthy, and able. Not too long ago a woman reached out to me via Instagram. In her email she expressed feelings of admiration and told me how much I inspired her. In learning more about her she mentioned she was diagnosed with an eye condition that will leave her completely blind. While reading that I started to think about the simple senses we take for granted in life such as sight, touch, taste, hearing, and smell. In our home we talk about living in gratitude nearly daily with our kids and how there are others in the world who are not as lucky as we are. This same sentiment of gratitude can easily flow into our wellness journeys.
While its easy to get caught up with goals when you’re running towards them, we shouldn’t forget to be grateful for the seasons and phases in life we are currently battling to overcome. Never compare your chapter one to someone else’s chapter twenty. The moment you get caught in this rabbit hole you begin to lose sight of being thankful for the lifestyle changes you’ve committed for yourself. We are all unique, special, strong, and beautiful in our own individual ways.
Living in gratitude enables one to live a much more positive and intentional life. You can’t be the best version of yourself without counting your blessings and making the most of every day. Here are some ways you can practice living in gratitude every day.
1. Keep a journal close and spend 5 minutes in the morning or evening to write three things in your life you are grateful for.
2. Send a message of gratitude to the people who tug on your heart strings.
3. Incorporate a self-care ritual in your life. Some examples are: get a massage once a month, spend a weekend morning or evening soaking in an aromatherapy bath, or spend a weekend morning with a beauty regiment to replenish your hair and skin. Being healthy is also about self care.
4. Surround yourself with people who lift you higher and distance yourself with those who don’t. Both positive and negative energy is infections, be mindful of what you want to soak up.
5. Start a regular yoga practice, even if its 5 minutes a day.
6. Volunteer in your local community.
7. Pay it forward. Start a random act of kindness buy coffee for a stranger or cook a healthy dish for a coworker.
8. Throw kindness around like its confetti