WORK IT OUT, WEAR IT OUT SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules
Sponsor: lucy, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC Alameda, CA 94502.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS, VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PINTEREST ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest.
1. Eligibility. Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents, 18 or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of Sponsor, Curalate, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and agencies are not eligible. Offered only in the United States and the District of Columbia. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Schedule. Sweepstakes starts
November 13, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends December 6,
2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. To Enter. Complete the entry form on the Sweepstakes website (_______), with your name, e-mail address, zip code (optional), and a link to an image of your favorite outfit for working out in and then wearing out. Check the box indicating your acceptance and agreement to these Official Rules as well as that you are 18 years of age or older; IF THIS BOX IS NOT CHECKED, YOUR ENTRY FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Then, click “Submit and Pin” to enter the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, you will also be pinning the image included in your entry to a public board on your Pinterest account. PINNING AN IMAGE TO A BOARD ON YOUR PINTEREST ACCOUNT ALONE WILL NOT RESULT IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY; TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE PRESCRIBED ENTRY PROCEDURE AS SET FORTH ABOVE.
4. Additional Entry Restrictions – In General. Be sure to include the hashtag #lucysweepstakes as part of the image to be pinned. Limit one (1) entry per person. (Use of any artifice or device to violate the preceding entry limit will result in voiding of all entries except for initial entry; but, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons determined in its sole discretion to be engaged in egregious or repeated violations of entry limit.) In the event of dispute as to ownership of an entry, entry shall be deemed made by the authorized owner of the e-mail account from which the entry was made, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries must be manually key-stroked by entrant; use of programmed, robotic or like means to enter is prohibited. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation by Sponsor as to Sweepstakes eligibility.
Entrants further expressly acknowledge that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) the pinned image and that Sponsor shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith. IN ALL CASES, PINNED IMAGE REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS ENCOURAGING PERSONS TO PIN IMAGES AND WILL NOT SCREEN, MONITOR, MODERATE OR REVIEW SUCH IMAGES PRIOR TO PINNING OF SAME BY PROSPECTIVE ENTRANTS AND SPONSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION THEREWITH.
6. Conditions of Participation. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for entries or images (as applicable) that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, misdirected, stolen, incomplete or mutilated and all such entries/images are void. Proof of transmission (including proof of pinning an image) does not constitute proof of receipt of (or access to) same or proof of entry. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, equipment malfunction/failure or other cause; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of entries/images, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries/images; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions, disruptions or failures of any kind, including telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, software or programming (including but not limited to filtering or other operation of the functionality of Pinterest) or for damage to one’s computer due to participation in the Sweepstakes.
7. Random Drawing. Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received, to be conducted by Sponsor on or about December 9, 2015. For the avoidance of doubt, the content of pinned image will not affect the winner selection procedure, provided that the image is in full compliance with these Official Rules (including “Content of Images” in Rule 5 above). By participating, entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail and must respond to notification within indicated time period to remain eligible to win prize. Potential winner may also be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal), within five (5) business days of date indicated on documents. Non-compliance with this requirement (if applicable), if potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason (including failure to timely respond to notification), or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible (or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules) will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture. And, in such event, an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received.
9. Prize/Odds of Winning. Grand Prize (1) - $500 lucy gift card. lucy gift card is redeemable at lucy retail store or on-line at www.lucy.com and is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon. Sponsor may award lucy gift card in paper or electronic form, in its sole discretion. All unspecified costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance/use are winner’s sole responsibility. Taxes on prize are the winner’s sole responsibility. No prize substitution. Prize is not redeemable/exchangeable by winner. No prize transfer except with Sponsor's permission, which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Odds of winning prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
10. Conditions of Participation. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. The preceding in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given instance does not constitute the waiver of such provision. By accepting the prize, except where prohibited by law, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph and/or other indicia of persona for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless lucy, a division of VF Outdoor, LLC, Curalate, Inc., their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, promotion marketing/advertising agencies, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, as well as Pinterest, from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the prize.
11. FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct the Sweepstakes and select the prize winner from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as applicable) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Sweepstakes website.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/GOVERNING LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or this Sweepstakes shall be filed exclusively in the federal or state courts situated in Alameda County, California and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action; (b) any such action shall be resolved individually, NOT as part of a class action; (c) any claims/judgments/awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but NOT attorneys’ fees. These Official Rules and this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of California, except for choice of law/conflict of law provisions of California (or of any other jurisdiction which would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California).
13. Winner's List: For the name of winner (available after December 31, 2015; requests must be received by December 9, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. ET), send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org with “lucy work it out wear it out winner” in the subject line. DO NOT USE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN REQUESTING A WINNER'S LIST.